Education / Work History
- SERB - National Post Doc Fellow, March 2016 - Present.
- Ph.D., CSIR- Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow, 2015.
- M.Sc., Avadh University.
- B.Sc., Avadh University.
Research Topic / Interest
- Fabrication of surfaces with special wettability, Nanotechnology, Environ- mental/Aquatic/Surface Chemistry.
- Development of adsorbents/nanoparticles/magnetic nano-composites for remediation of inorganic and organic pollutants from water and wastewa- ter.
Current Research Work
Fabrication of durable nanostructured material surfaces with special wettability and its application oil/water separation and anti-icing coatings.
- A.K. Singh, J.K. Singh, Fabrication of durable superhydrophobic coating on cotton fabrics with photocatalytic activity by fluorine-free chem- ical modification for dual-functional water purification. New Journal of Chemistry, 41, 4618-4628 (2017).
- A.K. Singh, J.K. Singh, Fabrication of durable super-repellent surfaces on cotton fabric with liquids of varying surface tension: Low surface energy and high roughness. Applied Surface Science, 416 639-648 (2017).
- A.K. Singh, J.K. Singh, Fabrication of zirconia based durable superhydrophobic- superoleophilic fabrics using non fluorinated ma- terials for oil-water separation and water purification. RSC Advances, 6, 103632-103640 (2016).
- A.K. Singh*, K.P. Singh, Evaluation of phosphate removal capacity of Fe3O4-ZVINPs from aqueous solution: Optimization using response sur- face analysis. Research on Chemical Intermediate, Volume 42, Pages 7397- 7415, (2016).
- A.K. Singh*, K.P. Singh, Response surface optimization of nitrite removal from aqueous solution by Fe3O4 stabilized zero-valent iron nanoparticles using a three-factor, three-level Box-Behnken Design. Research on Chem- ical Intermediate, Volume 42, Pages 2247-2265, (2015).
- K.P. Singh, P. Rai, A.K. Singh, P. Verma, S. Gupta. Occurance of phar- maceuticals in urban wastewater of north Indian cities and risk assesment. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 186, 6663-6682 (2014).
- K.P. Singh, A.K. Singh, S. Gupta. Optimization of Nitrate Reduction by EDTA Catalyzed Zero-Valent Bimetallic Nanoparticles in Aqueous Medium. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, Volume 19, Pages 3914-3924 (2012).
- K.P. Singh, A.K. Singh, S. Gupta, P. Rai. Modeling and Optimization of Reductive Degradation of Chloramphenicol in Aqueous Solution by Zero- Valent Bimetallic Nanoparticles. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, Volume 19, Pages 2063-2078 (2012).
- K.P. Singh, A.K. Singh, U.V. Singh, P. Verma. Optimizing removal of ibuprofen from water by magnetic nanocomposite using Box-Behken De- sign. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, Volume 19, Pages 724-738 (2012).
- K.P. Singh, A.K. Singh, S. Gupta, S. Sinha. Optimization of Cr(VI) re- duction by zero- valent bimetallic nanoparticles using the response surface modeling approach. Desalination, Volume 270, Issues 1–3, Pages 275-284 (2011).
- A. Malik, P. Verma, A.K. Singh, K.P. Singh. Distribution of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in water and bed sediments of the Gomti River, India. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, Volume 172, Numbers 1-4, Pages 529-545 (2011).
- K.P. Singh, S. Gupta, A.K. Singh, S. Sinha. Optimizing adsorption of crystal violet dye from water by magnetic nanocomposite using response surface modeling approach. Journal of Hazardous Materials, Volume 186, Issues 2–3, Pages 1462-1473 (2011).
- K.P. Singh, S. Gupta, A.K. Singh, S. Sinha. Experimental design and response surface modeling for optimization of Rhodamine B removal from water by magnetic nanocomposite. Chemical Engineering Journal, Volume 165, Issue 1, Pages 151- 160 (2010).
- International Conference on Nanomaterials & Nanotechnology (ICNANO- 2017), 01st – 03rd March, 2017 at the Vinoba Bhave Research Institute, Saidabad, Allahabad, India. Oral Presentation entitled “Fabrication of dual-funtional nanostuructured coating on cotton fabric by fluroine-free chemical modification for simultaneous oil-water separation and visible light catalysis”.