Research Topic / Interest
- Gas Adsorption in Nanoporous Materials
Current Research Work
Covalent Organic Framework (COF) an organic polymeric porous solid have attracted much attention in recent years in gas adsorption/separation. Due to their light weight, porosity and effective surface area, it can be a potential material in the field of energy storage and in removal of harmful gases like CO2 , SO2 , CH4 etc. They are formed from light elements of periodic table e.g. C, B, N, Si, O where they are bonded in the network with strong covalent bonds. Research focused on storage of several gases in COF structures using GCMC simulations are currently going on. DFT study in structure modification and accurate force-field calculation is also a part of the research.
- S. Ghosh and V. Padmanabhan, Adsorption of hydrogen on single-walled carbon nanotubes with defects, Diamond and Related Materials (2015).
- S. Ghosh and V. Padmanabhan, Hydrogen storage capacity of bundles of single-walled carbon nanotubes with defects, International Journal of Energy Research (2016).
- S. Ghosh and V. Padmanabhan, Hydrogen Storage in Titanium-Doped Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes with Stone-Wales Defects, Diamond and Related Materials (2017).
- S. Ghosh and V. Padmanabhan, Molecular dynamics studies of hydrogen storage in carbon nanotube, CHEMCON 2014, Panjab University, Chandi- garh, 2014 (oral presentation).
- S. Ghosh and V. Padmanabhan, Molecular Dynamics Study of Hydrogen Adsorption in Single-walled Nanotube Bundle, Chemference 2015, IIT Hy- derabad, 2015 (poster presentation).
- S. Ghosh and V. Padmanabhan, Hydrogen adsorption on single- walled carbon nanotube with different types of structural defects, CHEMCON 2015, IIT Guwahati, 2015 (oral presentation).
- S. Ghosh and V. Padmanabhan, Hydrogen Adsorption in Boron-doped Carbon Nanotube with Stone-Wales Defect, 4th International Conference On Advances In Materials & Materials Processing, IIT Kharagpur, 2016 (oral presentation).
- S. Ghosh and V. Padmanabhan, Hydrogen Adsorption On Defective Single-Walled Carbon Nanotube Doped With Titanium, 3rd Interna- tional Conference On Advanced Materials, Bangkok, Thailand 2016 (oral presentation).